On 17th April 2011 I ran what may well be the only marathon I ever run. I was amazed, amused and humbled by the people who I passed and who passed me.
- The guy dressed up as a second world war fighter pilot (complete with pipe).
- The two guys carrying a full size surfboard.
- The 2 girls who span hulahoops for the entire distance (at a pace that I struggled to stay with).
- The several Army and Firefighter guys in full kit
- The guy in full Bomb Disposal kit (the real deal, complete with bombproof armour and helmet).
I salute you all. You all have a grit and determination that is just astonishing.
But as for my little adventure, well there were a few high points. Stopping on the course just before the finish line to see The Boy Wonder in the crowd, running back to give him a hug and seeing how excited he was is something I will never forget.
So for now, I have my feet up, a bag of frozen peas strategically placed to reduce the pain and I'm looking forward to joining FMA on holiday next week. No more running.