Wednesday 22 January 2014

Of Mice and Men

I know that those of you more organised than I (which means pretty much all of you) will have already made your New Year’s resolutions. I’m sure that you will have stuck resolutely to them, wavered and discarded them by now. Some of you may even still have one or two intact, in which case I salute your tenacity.

I, however, have only just got around to thinking about such things, which has a couple of positive aspects to it:

  • They aren’t concocted in the alcohol-hazed aftermath of Christmas.
  • I can say with honesty that I haven’t given up on any of my resolutions yet.


 So I am hereby committing my harebrained schemes to the ether.

1.  Travel
Last year we didn’t really get to too many places. This year some more weekends away are on the cards.

2. Get back into shape
I’ve been slacking terribly for a while on this front (as my half-arsed half-training debacle illustrates beautifully). I’m thinking that the backbone of this will be running 3 times a week, but there may be swimming and cycling involved too.

3. Wrestle a tiger
Well, everyone has at least one exciting but wildly optimistic New Year’s resolution and I figure that it might as well be super exciting if it’s not likely to happen. This is mine.

4. Dust off the camera
I’ve been letting my one and only creative outlet slip for a long time. I’m thinking that the 365 project may get another go, maybe with some themes along the way. All suggestions gratefully received (but only stuff that won’t get me arrested/sectioned/put on a register please).

5. Charidee
At least 2 things. Nuff said.

So that’s the plan. By December I will have interesting tales and images of foreign lands. I will be able to tell these tales without being out of breath and with a sense of balanced karma. Hopefully the scars from the claws will be healed too.

We shall see.

NDC

4 comments:

  1. We shall all see..............x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's better to travel in hope than arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to have a plan. And a b plan too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between you and I the B plan is non existent, so is considerably more likely to happen...

    ReplyDelete