Monday 23 September 2013

No Snickering Please.


This weekend I am running again. It’s the Robin Hood half marathon in Nottingham (surprisingly enough) and I am massively ill-prepared.

When I ran the marathon I was very focussed indeed. I had a plan. I stuck to the plan come what may and the resulting statistics were something that I was quite proud of:
  • Miles: 480
  • Hours: 87
  • Calories: 58,000
This time around, although I had a jolly good plan, I exhibited all the self discipline of a labrador left in charge of a plate of sausages. Consequently the figures look a little* less confidence-inspiring:
  • Miles: 28
  • Hours: 5
  • Calories: 3,700
Add to this I have a very busy week this week, culminating with a leaving do for a couple of colleagues on Friday that will doubtless involve a sherbet or two and just possibly we are witnessing the genesis of a disaster.

But with all the misplaced confidence of a flamboyantly handlebar-moustachioed World War 1 General I am looking forward to standing on the start line on Sunday. I’m sure it’ll all be fine.

NDC

* - a lot.


5 comments:

  1. Please send AG down to the finish line with a video camera....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AG is gonna whoop yar ass.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. NB - See new post...

    CQ - She was with me as we crossed the line, I think if I'd asked her to carry a camera with her she'd have used it an endoscope (they're the ones doctors stick where the sun don't shine, right?)

    Libby - You know it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NB - See new post...

    CQ - She was with me as we crossed the line, I think if I'd asked her to carry a camera with her she'd have used it an endoscope (they're the ones doctors stick where the sun don't shine, right?)

    Libby - You know it's true!

    ReplyDelete