Thursday 23 June 2011

Blame Culture Vultures

I have received two text messages from two different numbers today, both reminding me that I still haven't claimed compensation for my (unspecified) accident.

The text messages said that I may be entitled to up to £3650.

All I needed to do to find out more was reply 'CLAIM'

Apparently it was free to apply.

I should point out that I have neither had an accident, nor have I made any approaches to anyone regarding compensation, but they knew their prey so well. It was too much to resist.

I responded immediately;


'GET IT UP YOU, YOU BLOOD-SUCKING BASTARDS'.

NDC

3 comments:

  1. Your mother must be so proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get those messages sporadically too. It had never occurred to me to respond until now. I shall think of something on a similar theme....

    ReplyDelete
  3. AG - I don't think it was mum, her number would have been recognised.

    CQ - I suspect that the computer that churns these things out would have learnt its lesson from my angry response. I don't think there'll be anymore ambulance-chasing text messages from now on....right?

    ReplyDelete