Wednesday 24 October 2012

Irony

My office is a wonderful place, a bit like Willy Wonka's factory. We have bonkers colleagues, comfortable seating areas, crazy systems and ideas, and a smattering of chocolate cake. Unfortunately, no oompa loompas.



Although, in recent developments, we now have a raft of new recycling bins.



Now, I'm all for saving the planet one Snickers wrapper at a time and I welcomed them happily. But this afternoon a well meaning chappy with an earnest expression sidled up to my desk and dropped this* off:



photo


He had a large box of the things and was merrily making his way round the rest of the offices (by my estimate probably around 500 of us).

I did what I would estimate the rest of my fellow oompa loompas did. I scanned it, chuckled at the flow chart, and then consigned it to the 3rd bin on the left. It's all about supply and demand.

NDC

* - Company logo removed to avoid unfortunate reduction in income scenarios



1 comment: