Tuesday 8 March 2011

I Need To Get High



Today my MBX and general raggedy-edged partner in crime sent me an email. The subject line merely contained the question "Need a break?". The body of the email just contained the picture at right.

It was enough.

It made me realise how long it's been since we were in the hills. He has had a few problems with his heel (because he is very old) and I have had a huge amount of time taken up with training runs for the London marathon (because I am very stupid). Roll on May, when the running will be done.

I miss the singlemindedness of a day on the rocks. The sharpness of the ridge doesn't care if you are concentrating or not. The weather does not give a fig about your happiness, or comfort, or welbeing. It is a beautiful contrast to the cotton-wool wrapped life that we all live.

The pic was taken last year on Bristly Ridge, in the Lakes. A day of adrenaline soaked sunshine, punctuated with incendiary smiles and manic laughter.

And for the record, I am the one with the unfeasibly pasty legs.

NDC

No comments:

Post a Comment