Wednesday 23 March 2011

Normal service will be resumed shortly

I had planned to write something up for tonight, but today has been a rum old day and I simply can't be arsed.

Today was just too meh for words, it was a crap day generally, too many minor failures, disappointments and tribulations. I didn't even get to see or talk to the lovely FMA today.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have to deal with any reactors going into meltdown or have to fend off any tinpot dictators today, so I'm ahead of the game compared to a fairly sizeable chunk of the world's population.

But, in short, today has been a day that I am glad has passed from the future to the past via the pinch of the now.

Yes, I know that there are an alarming quantity of swearwords peppering this post (and yes, I know I am posting despite saying that I couldn't be arsed), but that does pretty well sum up the day.

Tomorrow will be another day, the sun will shine and Wednesday 23rd March 2011 can just jolly well feck off. And I feel so much better for having written this.

And now I am going to bed with a good book, a coffee and a biscuit.

NDC

4 comments:

  1. Not much that can't be made better by coffee, a good book and a biscuit. What you reading? I'm reading "The Slap" by Christos Tsiolkas, enjoying muchly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onwards and upwards eh? I too wondered 'what book'...It's 'The Help' here at needs dusting towers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that kind of day well - we all have them from time to time. Never mind, today the sun is shining and hopefully life looks rosier...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AG - I actually had two biscuits. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

    Libby - The book was Reaper Man. I'd almost given up on it, but it came good at the end, Death got his job back :)

    CQ - Today has been immeasurably better. I have laughed quite a lot today and the best bit of the day is still to come.

    ReplyDelete